Our foundation was created in 2002 from the sale of the North Penn Hospital in Lansdale, Pennsylvania. Originally known as the North Penn Community Health Foundation, we became HealthSpark Foundation in 2016 when we expanded to serve all of Montgomery County. Our current name and logo symbolize how we work to create change.
We envision an equitable, connected, and thriving community.
HealthSpark Foundation invests in nonprofit organizations, networks, and coalitions promoting a more just and healthy community.
We, as an organization and as individual board members, community members, and staff, commit to the following Guiding Principles:
- Justice: We recognize that the roots of inequity run deep in our society, and we strive to understand our own roles in sustaining structural inequity. Seeking justice is integral to our work through the Foundation as well as our interpersonal interactions.
- Inclusivity: We believe that the lasting solutions to our county’s deepest problems lie within our community. We seek to co-create solutions with community partners through meaningful and authentic relationships.
- Integrity: We strive to be transparent, ethical, and accountable to the community and ourselves in all we do.
- Professionalism: We are fair, respectful, honest, and professional in our work and conduct.
- Excellence: We hold ourselves to the highest standards in achieving philanthropic excellence.