Our work to achieve a vision for change is grounded in the following opportunities, which were crafted in partnership with our community through a series of planning conversations. For a more detailed description of each opportunity, download our Safety Net Resiliency Initiative Blueprint below.
- Build the safety net system’s capacity to advance racial and social justice.
- Put an end to chronic underfunding and cut the red tape of the safety net system.
- Sustain technology advances and support equitable access to technology.
- Support the emotional well-being of safety net staff and community members.
- Strengthen the operational practices of safety net providers.
- Build a more vibrant, active, and inclusive community.
It is important to note that building the safety net system’s capacity to advance racial and social justice emerged as the most urgent opportunity for action, reflecting the recognition that racism and social injustice underpin many of the dynamics that create the need for the safety net system and weaken its ability to deliver comprehensive solutions. That said, while the first opportunity for action is to build the safety net system’s capacity to advance racial and social justice, the work is not limited to that one opportunity for action; rather, this commitment should be reflected in every opportunity for action and action step.
Read about the Strategies we're using to achieve these goals.