Russell Johnson, President, CEO
Russ has more than 25 years of health and human services experience. He has held leadership positions in both public and private sector health and human services agencies/businesses working in the fields of child welfare, aging, behavioral health and the health insurance industry.
During his career, Russ has also held positions with the Bucks County Children and Youth Agency, Horsham Clinic, PNR Systems/Allan Collautt Associates, The Pew Charitable Trusts, United Health Group and The Hartford Insurance Company. In addition, Russ provided consulting services, including strategic and business planning and product development to foundations and various health and human services agencies in the Greater Philadelphia region; Delaware; Washington, DC and New York City.
Since joining the foundation in 2002, Russ has spearheaded the successful formation of many partnerships with other Montgomery County, Pennsylvania philanthropic organizations and county government whose collective efforts have provided groundbreaking direction to improving access to quality services in a cost-effective manner. He is a frequent guest speaker and occasional author of articles on public/private partnerships. He is an active member of Philanthropy Network of Greater Philadelphia, Grantmakers in Health and Funders Together to End Homelessness.
Russ serves in various leadership and advisory roles, including:
- Co-Chair, Pennsylvania Health Funders Collaborative
- Chair, Nonprofit Repositioning Fund
- Member, Your Way Home Montgomery County Advisory Council
- Member, United Way of Southeastern Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey's Montgomery County Local Board
- Member, Philanthropy Network of Greater Philadelphia's Montgomery County Funders Group
- Member, Mission First Housing Group Board of Directors
- Advisory Committee Member, The Frances M. Maguire School of Nursing and Health Professions at Gwynedd Mercy University