Leadership Capacity Building Program - Program Elements
The Leadership Capacity Building Program for Today's Leaders is a series of seven, full-day sessions, plus a shorter evening session targeted to board members' essential role in systems change.
Each organization will select a minimum of two, and up to three or four leaders, who will form its Core Team for systems change. One of these individuals will serve as the Core Team Leader and one representative must be a Board member. Additional information on the Core Team can be found here.
The first three sessions are designed to offer a theoretical framework that:
- Builds a common conceptual language and shared understanding of systems change,
- Supports organizations to position themselves for systems change,
- Helps organizations assess their financial systems and
- Helps organizations identify opportunities to improve systems capacity at the county level.
We strongly encourage organizations to bring as many of their Core Team members as possible to these first three sessions.
The remaining four sessions are Elective Sessions, optional for the Core Team Board Member and the Core Team Staff Member(s), though the last Elective Session is strongly encouraged for this group.
Session for Board Members: The Role of the Board in Systems Change
The Core Team Board Member and the Core Team Leader are required to attend one of these two sessions and must attend together. We will start promptly at 5:30pm and dinner will be included.
- Option I: Wednesday, June 4, 2019, 5:30 - 8:30pm
- Option II: Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 5:30 - 8:30pm
The full session schedule can be found in the PDF file below or you may click here.